Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 15. Employment Services
- Section 651. Duties of Alaska Workforce Investment Board; Grants; Eligible Entities.
previous: Section 650
. Work Incentive Program For Welfare Recipients. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 128 SLA 1990].
next: Section 660
AS 23.15.651. Duties of Alaska Workforce Investment Board; Grants; Eligible Entities.
- (a) In implementing this program under a grant received under AS 23.15.645, and subject to the limit of its grant, the
board shall award grants, in accordance with the priority list established by the department under AS 23.15.645
(b), to employment assistance and training entities. A training entity is eligible for a grant under this section if
the entity meets program requirements and can demonstrate that
- (1) its accounting systems include controls adequate to check the accuracy and reliability of accounting data, promote
operating efficiency, and assure compliance with program requirements and generally accepted accounting principles; and
- (2) its activities do not replace or compete in any way with a federally approved apprenticeship program or any other
existing training programs.
- (b) The board may not award a grant if the grant would displace money available through existing public or private
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 6 ch 49 SLA 2003].
- (d) The board shall annually provide the department with financial and performance reporting on the activities of the
program and recommendations concerning continuation of funding.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.