Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 15. Employment Services
- Section 640. Services For Eligible People; Repayment.
previous: Section 635
. People to Be Served.
next: Section 645
. Duties and Powers of the Department.
AS 23.15.640. Services For Eligible People; Repayment.
- (a) Subject to the limits of its grant, an entity receiving a grant under AS 23.15.651
shall provide one or more program elements. The program elements include
- (1) industry-specific training;
- (2) on-the-job training;
- (3) institutional or classroom job-linked training;
- (4) support services, including allowances;
- (5) relocation assistance; or
- (6) provisions of necessary tools, work-related clothing, safety gear, or other necessities to obtain or retain
- (b) A granting entity may award a grant that includes a program element listed in (a)(4), (a)(5), or (a)(6) of this
section only if all funds from other assistance or aid programs or grants for that purpose are either not available to
the granting entity or have been exhausted.
- (c) The department shall require an individual who participated in a program that was funded at least in part by a grant
under AS 23.15.651
and that included as a program element the provision of necessary tools, work-related clothing, safety gear, or other
necessities to obtain or retain employment under (a)(6) of this section to reimburse the department for the portion of
the grant that was spent on an element listed in (a)(6) of this section. Repayment shall begin no later than six months
after the individual completes or leaves the state training and employment program and may not be less than $25 each
calendar month. The department shall separately account for receipts under this subsection. The annual estimated
receipts may be used by the legislature to make appropriations to the department to the employment assistance and
training program account (AS 23.15.625
) for grants under AS 23.15.651
. The department shall institute collection procedures on outstanding promissory notes for amounts due under this
subsection. Collection procedures must include obtaining a judgment for default on a promissory note. The department
shall seek satisfaction of the judgment from an individual's permanent fund dividend to the extent possible under AS 43.23.065
until the judgment has been satisfied. The department shall implement this subsection by regulation.
- (d) In this section, a support service under (a)(4) of this section means a service provided to an individual
participating in a training program described in (a)(1) - (3) of this section to enable the individual to participate
in the training.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.