Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 15. Employment Services
- Section 635. People to Be Served.
previous: Section 630
. Special Employee Unemployment Credit and Contributions For Program.
next: Section 640
. Services For Eligible People; Repayment.
AS 23.15.635. People to Be Served.
Within the limits of its grant, an employment assistance and training entity receiving a grant under AS 23.15.651
shall provide services set out in AS 23.15.640
(a) to state residents who, immediately before beginning training or receiving benefits under a grant financed by this
- (1) are unemployed and
- (A) are receiving unemployment insurance benefits; or
- (B) have exhausted the right to unemployment insurance benefits within the past three years;
- (2) are employed, but liable to be displaced within the next six months because of
- (A) reductions in overall employment within a business;
- (B) elimination of the worker's current job; or
- (C) a change in conditions of employment requiring that, to remain employed, the employee must learn substantially
different skills that the employee does not now possess; or
- (3) have worked in a position covered by AS 23.20 at any time during
the last three years, and are not currently eligible for unemployment insurance benefits because
- (A) their employment has been seasonal, temporary, part-time, or marginal;
- (B) their qualifying wages are insufficient because of limited job opportunity; or
- (C) they are employed but, because they are underemployed, they are in need of employment assistance and training to
obtain full employment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.