Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 15. Employment Services
- Section 135. Committee of Blind Vendors.
previous: Section 134
. Active Participation By Licensees With Severe Disabilities.
next: Section 136
. Group Insurance For Certain Licensees.
AS 23.15.135. Committee of Blind Vendors.
- (a) The Committee of Blind Vendors consisting of all blind licensees is established. The agency shall conduct a biennial
election of a president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer of the committee and may conduct elections to fill
vacancies in office at any time.
- (b) The commissioner of education and early development shall assure active participation by the Committee of Blind
Vendors in administrative, policy, and program development decisions concerning vending facilities operated by blind
licensees. The agency shall, with active participation by the Committee of Blind Vendors,
- (1) adopt regulations providing for the licensing of blind persons for the operation of vending facilities on public
- (2) consider and respond to grievances of blind licensees;
- (3) develop and administer a statewide system for the transfer and promotion of blind licensees;
- (4) develop training and retraining programs for blind licensees and for blind persons interested in obtaining a license
to operate a vending facility;
- (5) organize meetings and conferences for blind licensees;
- (6) adopt regulations necessary to assure that vending facilities operated by blind licensees are administered by the
agency in a substantially equivalent manner whether a vending facility is located on state or federal property;
- (7) designate public property as appropriate for the location of a vending facility operated by a blind licensee.
- (c) To ensure the opportunity for active participation in decisions that affect the administration of vending facilities
operated by blind licensees the agency shall, before each meeting of the Committee of Blind Vendors, provide the
committee with written information on matters to be considered. The agency shall provide the committee with reasons in
writing for decisions and actions of the agency that do not conform to recommendations submitted by the committee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.