Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 430. Access to Personnel Files.
previous: Section 420
. Train Crews. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 40 SLA 1983].
next: Section 440
. Posting of Information On Sexual Harassment. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 65 SLA 1992]..
AS 23.10.430. Access to Personnel Files.
- (a) An employer shall permit an employee or former employee to inspect and make copies of the employee's personnel file
and other personnel information maintained by the employer concerning the employee under reasonable rules during
regular business hours. The employer may require an employee or former employee who requests copies of material under
this subsection to pay the reasonable cost of duplication.
- (b) This section does not supersede the terms of a collective bargaining agreement.
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "employee" means a person employed by an employer;
- (2) "employer" means a person who employs one or more other persons and includes the state, the University of Alaska, the
Alaska Railroad, and political subdivisions of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.