Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 80. Powers and Duties of Division.
previous: Section 75
. Labor Standards and Safety Division.
next: Section 85
. Scope of Administrative Regulations; Room and Board Deductions; Executive Pay.
AS 23.10.080. Powers and Duties of Division.
The director, or an authorized representative of the director, shall
- (1) investigate and ascertain the wages and related conditions and standards of employment of any employee in the state;
- (2) enter the place of business or employment of an employer at reasonable times for the purpose of inspecting payroll
records that relate to the question of wages paid or hours worked;
- (3) require and subpoena from an employer a statement in writing, when the director or the representative considers it
necessary, of hours worked by and the wages paid to a person in the employ of the employer, and the commissioner may
require the employer to make the statement under oath;
- (4) question an employee in a place of employment during work hours with respect to the wages paid and the hours worked by
- (5) compel the attendance of witnesses and the production of books, papers, and documents by subpoena when necessary for
the purpose of a hearing or investigation provided for in AS 23.10.050
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.