Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 10. Employment Practices and Working Conditions
- Section 71. Wages For Work Therapy.
previous: Section 70
. Exemptions From Minimum Wage.
next: Section 75
. Labor Standards and Safety Division.
AS 23.10.071. Wages For Work Therapy.
- (a) For work therapy, as defined in AS 47.37.270
, a participant in a residential drug abuse or alcoholism treatment program designed to extend more than 120 days may
be paid less than the minimum wage prescribed in AS 23.10.050
- 23.10.150 if the rate has been approved by the
commissioner under this section and is in compliance with federal law.
- (b) The commissioner shall adopt regulations regarding the payment of wages for work therapy. In adopting the
regulations, the commissioner shall consider whether the work performed by the patient
- (1) is solely for the benefit of the patient and is that which is ordinarily carried on by patients in a residential
- (2) would ordinarily be performed by full-time employees of the program;
- (3) is work that may produce income to the patient, other than wages;
- (4) produces goods or services the proceeds of which will economically or otherwise benefit the owners, operators, or
businesses of the rehabilitation program; and
- (5) creates an unfair competition with private enterprise because of lower wage standards.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.