Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 5. Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Section 240. Officers to Execute Process Without Security.
previous: Section 230
. Prosecution of Claims.
next: Section 250
. Witness Fees of Garnishee Defendants.
AS 23.05.240. Officers to Execute Process Without Security.
- (a) An officer, requested by the department to serve a summons, writ, complaint, order, garnishment paper, or other
process within the officer's jurisdiction, shall do it without requiring the department to furnish security or bond.
- (b) When the department requests an officer to seize or levy on property in an attachment proceeding to satisfy a wage
claim judgment, the officer shall do so without requiring the department to furnish security or bond.
- (c) The officer, in carrying out the provisions of this section, is not responsible in damages for a wrongful seizure made
in good faith.
- (d) If anyone other than the defendant claims the right of possession or ownership to the seized property, the officer may
permit the third party claimant to have the custody of property, pending determination of the court as to who has the
better right to possession or ownership.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.