Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 5. Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Section 230. Prosecution of Claims.
previous: Section 220
. Assignment of Liens and Claims to Department.
next: Section 240
. Officers to Execute Process Without Security.
AS 23.05.230. Prosecution of Claims.
- (a) The department may prosecute an action for the collection of a claim of a person whom it considers entitled to its
services, and whom it considers to have a claim that is valid and enforceable.
- (b) The department may prosecute an action for the return of a worker's tools that are in the illegal possession of
- (c) The department may join several claimants in one lien to the extent allowed by the lien laws and, in case of suit,
join them in one cause of action. A bond is not required from the department in connection with an action brought as
assignee under this section and AS 23.05.220.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.