Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 5. Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Section 180. Wages in Dispute.
previous: Section 170
. Wages Earned Before Strike, Lockout, or Layoff.
next: Section 190
AS 23.05.180. Wages in Dispute.
- (a) If the amount of wages is in dispute, the employer shall give written notice to the employee of the wages, or part of
the wages, that the employer concedes to be due, and shall pay that amount, without condition, within the time set by
this chapter. The employee retains all remedies that the employee might otherwise be entitled to, including those
provided under this chapter or AS 23.10, to any balance claimed.
- (b) The acceptance by an employee of a payment under this section does not constitute a release of the balance of the
claim, and a release required by an employer as a condition of payment is void.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.