Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 22. Judiciary
- Chapter 15. District Courts and Magistrates
- Section 220. Compensation.
previous: Section 210
next: Section 230
. Additional Compensation.
AS 22.15.220. Compensation.
- (a) Except as provided in (e) of this section, the monthly base salary for each district court judge is $10,793.
- (b) Each magistrate shall receive annual compensation including geographic differential pay to be determined by the
supreme court. Salary increases shall be determined on the basis of percentage of pay increase the legislature provides
for state employees in the classified service. A magistrate's annual compensation may be payable, at the option of the
magistrate, either monthly in 12 equal installments or semi-monthly in 24 equal installments.
- (c) A salary disbursement may not be issued to a district judge or magistrate until the judge or magistrate has filed with the
state officer designated to issue salary disbursements, an affidavit that no matter referred to the judge or magistrate for
opinion or decision has been uncompleted or undecided by the judge or magistrate for a period of more than six months.
- (d) In addition to the monthly salary, each district court judge is entitled to receive a geographic cost-of-living
adjustment under AS 22.35.010, based on the location
of the primary office assignment. Retirement contributions and benefits shall be computed only on the monthly base
salary not including the geographic cost-of-living adjustment.
- (e) Beginning July 1, 2006, if the monthly basic salary for Step E, Range 28, of the salary schedule set out in AS 39.27.011
increases, the monthly base salary of the judges of the district court shall increase by the same percentage. The
increase takes effect when the salary increase under AS 39.27.011
takes effect and may be retroactive if consistent with the change to AS 39.27.011
. The commissioner of administration shall, by regulation, establish the percentage at which the salary is increased
and the increased salary amount.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.