Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 22. Judiciary
- Chapter 15. District Courts and Magistrates
- Section 90. Sessions and General Powers of District Court.
previous: Section 80
. Change of Venue.
next: Section 100
. Functions and Powers of District Judge and Magistrate.
AS 22.15.090. Sessions and General Powers of District Court.
- (a) The district court shall always be open for the transaction of business, except on judicial holidays as determined by
rule of the supreme court. However, the court may at any time
- (1) exercise its powers in a criminal action, or in a proceeding of a criminal nature, including the issuance of orders
pertaining to bail,
- (2) receive a verdict or discharge a jury,
- (3) issue writs of habeas corpus,
- (4) issue warrants of arrest and summons and search warrants.
- (b) The court shall meet in its district at times and places that may be designated by rule or order of the supreme court.
The district court has all power and authority necessary to carry into complete execution all its judgments, decrees,
and determinations in all matters within its jurisdiction according to the constitution, the laws of the state, and the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.