Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 22. Judiciary
- Chapter 15. District Courts and Magistrates
- Section 80. Change of Venue.
previous: Section 70
. Extent of Jurisdiction.
next: Section 90
. Sessions and General Powers of District Court.
AS 22.15.080. Change of Venue.
The court in which an action is pending shall change the place of trial of the action from one place to another place
in the same judicial district or to a designated place in another judicial district when the court finds any of the
- (1) there is reason to believe that an impartial trial cannot be had;
- (2) the convenience of witnesses and the ends of justice would be promoted by the change;
- (3) the judge or magistrate is disqualified from acting, but if another judge or magistrate is assigned to try the action,
no change of place of trial need be made;
- (4) the defendant will be put to unnecessary expense and inconvenience, and if the court finds that the expense and
inconvenience were intentionally caused, the court may assess costs against the plaintiff.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.