Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 87. Hospital and Medical Service Corporations
- Section 150. Hospital Service Agreements.
previous: Section 140
. Medical Service Agreements.
next: Section 160
. Subscriber's Contracts.
AS 21.87.150. Hospital Service Agreements.
- (a) A hospital service corporation shall enter into service agreements with hospitals approved or licensed by the state
- (b) Each service agreement must require the participant hospital to furnish to subscribers of the service corporation the
hospital services that are, under the subscriber's contract, to be furnished by participant hospitals; and this
obligation to furnish the service, as provided for in the subscriber's contract, shall be a direct obligation of the
participant hospitals to the subscribers as well as to the service corporation.
- (c) Each service agreement must further effectively in substance provide that
- (1) the participant hospitals shall be compensated for services rendered to a subscriber in accordance with terms
contained in the agreement or attached to and made a part of the agreement and that the hospital may not request or
receive from the service corporation compensation for the services that is not in accord with the terms;
- (2) compensation for services may be prorated and settled under the circumstances and in the manner referred to in AS 21.87.300
- (3) if the participant hospital withdraws from the agreement, the withdrawal may not be effective as to a subscriber's
contract in force on the date of the withdrawal until the termination of the subscriber's contract or the next
anniversary of the subscriber's contract, whichever date is the earlier.
- (d) The service corporation shall terminate the service agreement of a particular participant hospital, in addition to
other bases of termination provided for in the agreement, if it is determined that the hospital has knowingly charged
or attempted to charge the service corporation for a service not actually rendered, or has knowingly violated a
material provision of the service agreement.
- (e) The proposed form of a service agreement and of the standard riders and endorsements to it shall be filed with the
director and are subject to the approval of the director under AS 21.87.180
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.