Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 87. Hospital and Medical Service Corporations
- Section 300. Annual Adjustment of Service Payments.
previous: Section 290
. Contracts Covering Workers' Compensation Risks.
next: Section 310
. Fidelity Bond.
AS 21.87.300. Annual Adjustment of Service Payments.
- (a) At least once each year each service corporation shall make a special accounting, at which time any prorated
settlements for bills submitted by participant providers or hospitals for services rendered during the preceding
calendar year shall be adjusted, and any deficits made up on a uniform basis as to all participants to the extent of
- (b) Funds of the service corporation remaining after the annual accounting, and after adequate provision for all its
liabilities and reserves, and for the surplus fund required under AS 21.87.210
, may be used by the corporation, upon express authorization by its board of directors, for any of the following
- (1) to liquidate on a uniform and pro rata basis charges for services by participant providers or participant hospitals
not paid in full upon the settlement of bills in previous years;
- (2) to pay off any part or the whole of an outstanding contribution of working capital to the corporation, the payment to
be prorated on a uniform basis among all the outstanding contributions; or
- (3) to reduce the rates thereafter to be charged subscribers, or to expand the services or benefits thereafter to be
provided under subscription contracts.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.