Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 87. Hospital and Medical Service Corporations
- Section 120. Services and Benefits That May Be Provided By Medical Service Corporations.
previous: Section 110
. Suspension or Revocation of Certificate of Authority.
next: Section 130
. Services and Benefits That May Be Provided By Hospital Service Corporations.
AS 21.87.120. Services and Benefits That May Be Provided By Medical Service Corporations.
- (a) A medical service corporation shall have the right to provide to its subscribers part or all of the following services
and benefits only:
- (1) medical and surgical services furnished to the subscriber by participant providers;
- (2) indemnity in reasonable amount with respect to medical and surgical services furnished to the subscriber by
nonparticipant providers, but subject to AS 21.87.070
- (3) indemnity in reasonable amount with respect to hospital services furnished the subscriber while under the care and
treatment of a participant provider or under the care and treatment of another provider upon referral by a participant
- (4) indemnity in reasonable amount with respect to appliances, prosthetics, and similar devices and replacements, and
ambulance, x-ray, physiotherapy, and similar services.
- (b) This section does not prohibit the corporation from acting as compensated servicing agent as to health care services
to be provided by a public agency, or under agreements between other parties not solicited by the corporation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.