Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 87. Hospital and Medical Service Corporations
- Section 80. Application For Certificate of Authority.
previous: Section 70
. Qualifications For Certificate of Authority.
next: Section 90
. Issuance or Refusal of Certificate of Authority.
AS 21.87.080. Application For Certificate of Authority.
- (a) Application for a certificate of authority to transact business as a service corporation shall be made to the
director, on forms as prepared and furnished by the director and requiring the information relative to the applicant,
its directors, officers, and affairs as the director may reasonably require consistent with this chapter.
- (b) The application shall be accompanied by the following documents that are not already on file with the director:
- (1) one copy of the applicant's articles of incorporation and of all amendments, certified by the commissioner;
- (2) one copy of the applicant's bylaws, certified by its corporate secretary;
- (3) if a medical service corporation, a copy of each form of service agreement entered into or proposed to be entered into
with participant providers, together with a list showing the name, residence and office addresses, and date of
execution of the service agreement by each participant provider;
- (4) if a hospital service corporation, a copy of each service agreement entered into with participant hospitals certified
by the applicant's corporate secretary;
- (5) a copy of each form of subscribers' contract proposed to be offered;
- (6) a schedule of the rates proposed to be charged subscribers;
- (7) a financial statement of the applicant as of a date not more than 30 days before the filing of the application,
showing among other things the amount of working funds available to the applicant, the source of the funds, and
accompanied by a copy of the agreement under which the funds were contributed to or provided for the applicant;
- (8) a copy of any other relevant document reasonably requested by the director.
- (c) At the time of filing the application the applicant shall pay to the director an application fee and a fee for
issuance of the certificate of authority set under AS 21.06.250
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.