Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 87. Hospital and Medical Service Corporations
- Section 10. Applicability.
previous: Chapter 87
. Hospital and Medical Service Corporations
next: Section 20
. Purpose and Interpretation.
AS 21.87.010. Applicability.
- (a) This chapter applies to every individual, person, firm, corporation, association, or organization of any kind
hereafter engaging or purporting to engage in the provision of all or part of a health care service as defined in AS 21.87.330
, for its subscribers in exchange for periodic prepayments in identifiable amount by or as to the subscribers.
- (b) This chapter does not apply to
- (1) insurers or fraternal benefit societies authorized to transact the kind of insurance involved under other chapters of
- (2) fraternal and other organizations exempted from AS 21.24;
- (3) health care services provided by an employer to employees and their dependents, with or without contribution to the
costs thereof by the employees, through health care service facilities owned, employed, or controlled by the employers;
- (4) infrequent instances of prepayment by or for the patient direct to the physician or hospital for specific services
thereafter rendered to the patient by the physician or hospital;
- (5) ambulance or emergency medical services provided by a municipality, nonprofit medical service corporation, or
nonprofit association if the person providing the services is certified under AS 18.08.082.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.