Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 87. Hospital and Medical Service Corporations
- Section 330. Definitions.
previous: Section 320
. Fee and Licenses. [Repealed, Sec. 30 Ch 26 SLA 1985].
next: Section 340
. Other Provisions Applicable.
AS 21.87.330. Definitions.
In this chapter
- (1) "health care service" means a service rendered to an individual for diagnosis, relief, or treatment of an injury,
ailment, or bodily condition;
- (2) "hospital service corporation" means a service corporation that principally provides hospital services;
- (3) "medical service corporation" means a service corporation that principally provides medical or surgical services;
- (4) "nurse midwife" means a registered professional nurse who is certified as an advanced nurse practitioner under AS 08.68.410
and authorized to practice as a nurse midwife under regulations adopted in accordance with AS 08.68;
- (5) "participant hospital" is one that has entered into a service agreement with a service corporation;
- (6) "participant provider" means a provider who has entered into a service agreement with a service corporation;
- (7) "physician" includes also "surgeon;"
- (8) "provider" means a physician, dentist, osteopath, optometrist, chiropractor, nurse midwife, or other licensed health
- (9) "service agreement" is a contract between a service corporation and a provider or hospital under which the provider or
hospital agrees to render all or part of one or more health care services to subscribers of the service corporation;
- (10) "service corporation" means a corporation providing all or part of one or more health care services for subscribers in
exchange for periodic prepayments in identifiable amount by or as to the subscribers;
- (11) "subscriber's contract" is that between the service corporation and its subscriber under which all or part of one or
more health care services is to be rendered to or on behalf of the subscriber by a participant provider or hospital
that has entered into a service agreement with the corporation covering the services.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.