Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 80. Alaska Insurance Guaranty Association Act
- Section 80. Duties and Powers of the Director.
previous: Section 70
. Plan of Operation.
next: Section 90
. Effect of Paid Claims.
AS 21.80.080. Duties and Powers of the Director.
- (a) The director shall
- (1) notify the association of the existence of an insolvent insurer no later than three days after the director receives
notice of the determination of the insolvency;
- (2) upon request of the board of governors, provide the association with a statement of the net direct written premiums of
each member insurer.
- (b) The director may
- (1) suspend or revoke, after notice and hearing, the certificate of authority to transact insurance in this state of any
member insurer that fails to pay an assessment when due or fails to comply with the plan of operation; as an
alternative, the director may levy a fine on any member insurer that fails to pay an assessment when due; this fine may
not exceed five percent of the unpaid assessment per month or portion of a month, except that a fine may not be less
than $250 a month;
- (2) revoke the designation of any servicing facility upon a finding that claims are being handled unsatisfactorily;
- (3) upon a finding by the superior court that the board of governors has failed to comply with a requirement of this
chapter or the plan of operation, assume the powers of the board of governors under AS 21.80.060.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.