Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 80. Alaska Insurance Guaranty Association Act
- Section 70. Plan of Operation.
previous: Section 60
. Powers and Duties of the Association.
next: Section 80
. Duties and Powers of the Director.
AS 21.80.070. Plan of Operation.
- (a) The association shall submit to the director a plan of operation and any amendments necessary or suitable to assure
the fair, reasonable, and equitable administration of the association. The plan of operation and amendments become
effective upon approval in writing by the director. If the association fails to submit suitable amendments to the
plan, the director shall, after notice and hearing, adopt reasonable regulations necessary or advisable to effectuate
the provisions of this chapter. These regulations shall continue in force until modified by the director or superseded
by a plan submitted by the association and approved by the director.
- (b) All member insurers shall comply with the plan of operation.
- (c) The plan of operation must
- (1) establish the procedures whereby all the powers and duties of the association under AS 21.80.060
will be performed;
- (2) establish procedures for handling assets of the association, including procedures for handling assets received from
the estate of an insolvent insurer;
- (3) establish the amount and method of reimbursing members of the board of governors under AS 21.80.050
- (4) establish procedures by which claims may be filed with the association and establish acceptable forms of proof of
covered claims; notice of claims to the receiver or liquidator of the insolvent insurer is considered notice to the
association or its agent, and a list of these claims shall be periodically submitted to the association or similar
organization in another state by the receiver or liquidator;
- (5) establish regular places and times for meetings of the board of governors;
- (6) establish procedures for records to be kept of all financial transactions of the association, its agents, and the
board of governors;
- (7) provide that any member insurer aggrieved by a final action or decision of the association may appeal to the director
within 30 days after the action or decision;
- (8) establish the procedures whereby selections of the board of governors will be submitted to the director;
- (9) provide for a member insurer serving on the board of governors to appoint an individual to represent the member
insurer on the board, including appointment of an alternate or substitute representative for the appointed person;
- (10) contain additional provisions necessary or proper for the execution of the powers and duties of the association;
- (11) establish procedures whereby the association shall, concurrent with making any initial assessments for the following
year under AS 21.80.060(a)(3)(B), determine uniform
surcharge percentages that may be applied by member insurers to all policies related to an account;
- (12) establish procedures whereby the association shall determine surcharge percentages related to an account so that
adjusted assessments match, as closely as possible, the amounts that would be collected by member insurers, in the
aggregate, if the surcharge percentages were applied to all new and renewal policies issued by member insurers during
the applicable 12-month period; any estimated or actual difference between the aggregate assessment and maximum
allowable surcharge amounts related to an account shall be taken into account by the association in determining future
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 12 ch 52 SLA 1990].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.