Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 76. Joint Insurance Arrangements
- Section 30. General Provisions of Cooperative Agreements.
previous: Section 20
. Regulation By Division of Insurance and Annual Report.
next: Section 40
. Financial Provisions of Agreements.
AS 21.76.030. General Provisions of Cooperative Agreements.
A cooperative agreement must provide for the proper operation of the joint insurance arrangement and include provisions
- (1) administration of the arrangement by a board of directors, specifying the number of members of the board and other
requirements necessary for the proper functioning of the board;
- (2) appointment of an administrator and other persons as necessary for the proper functioning of the arrangement;
- (3) organization of the arrangement, including a roster of participating members and the names of the members of the board
- (4) procedures to establish and promote an aggressive risk management and program among the members of the arrangement,
including procedures for identifying and reducing the risks that can be reduced through implementing better safety
technologies and improved work techniques and procedures;
- (5) enforcing the collection of contributions or payments in default from members of the arrangement;
- (6) the addition of new members to the arrangement or the withdrawal of members from the arrangement;
- (7) the method of apportioning costs and disposition of excess contributions;
- (8) transmission of financial statements and audit reports of the arrangement to participating members;
- (9) terminating the arrangement and disposing of its assets; and
- (10) establishing and administering a joint insurance fund.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.