Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 76. Joint Insurance Arrangements
- Section 10. Authority to Establish Joint Insurance Arrangements.
previous: Chapter 76
. Joint Insurance Arrangements
next: Section 20
. Regulation By Division of Insurance and Annual Report.
AS 21.76.010. Authority to Establish Joint Insurance Arrangements.
- (a) Municipalities and their public corporations, city and borough school districts, and regional educational attendance
areas may enter into cooperative agreements with each other for the purpose of establishing, operating, or
participating in joint insurance arrangements through which the participating members agree to pool contributions in
order to either assume risks from losses to the participants on a group basis or purchase coverage for the participants
on a group basis.
- (b) A joint insurance arrangement may be for any kind of insurance defined by this title except for health insurance, life
insurance, and title insurance.
- (c) A joint insurance arrangement shall be considered an alternative or supplement to any other policy or contract of
insurance authorized or required by law, including insurance under AS 21.75.
- (d) For purposes of AS 23.30.075
, a joint insurance arrangement is considered to be an association duly authorized to transact workers' compensation
insurance in the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.