Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 66. Title Insurance Companies
- Section 390. Making of Rates.
previous: Section 380
. Justification For Rates.
next: Section 400
. Disapproval of Filings.
AS 21.66.390. Making of Rates.
- (a) A title insurance company shall make rates that are not excessive or inadequate, that do not unfairly discriminate
between risks in this state that involve essentially the same exposure to loss and expense elements, and that give due
- (1) the desirability for stability of rate structures;
- (2) the necessity of assuring the financial solvency of title insurance companies in periods of economic depression by
encouraging growth in assets of title insurance companies in periods of high business activity;
- (3) the necessity for assuring a reasonable margin of underwriting and operating profit; and
- (4) investment income.
- (b) A title insurance company shall adopt basic classifications of policies or contracts of title insurance that shall be
used as the basis for rate-making.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.