Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 55. State Health Insurance
- Section 210. Duties of Plan Administrator.
previous: Section 200
. Selection of a Plan Administrator.
next: Section 220
. Operation of the Plan.
AS 21.55.210. Duties of Plan Administrator.
- (a) The plan administrator shall perform the administrative and claims payment functions required by this section. The
plan administrator shall provide these services for a period specified in the contract between the association and the
plan administrator subject to the terms, conditions, and limitations of the contract between the association and the
plan administrator. At least six months before the expiration of each contract period, the board shall invite eligible
entities, including the plan administrator, to submit bids to serve as the plan administrator. The board shall follow
the provisions of this subsection in selecting a plan administrator for the subsequent contract period.
- (b) The plan administrator shall provide to all eligible persons enrolled in a state plan an individual policy setting out
a statement of the insurance protection to which the person is entitled, with whom claims are to be filed, and to whom
benefits are payable. The policy must indicate that coverage was obtained through the association.
- (c) The plan administrator shall submit to the board and the director on a regular basis a report on the operation of the
state plans. The board shall determine the specific information to be contained in the report and that information
shall be specified in the contract between the association and the plan administrator.
- (d) The plan administrator shall pay claims and shall indicate when a claim is paid under a state plan. A claim payment
must include a telephone number that can be used for inquiries regarding the claim.
- (e) The plan administrator shall
- (1) be reimbursed from the state plan receipts for services rendered in connection with administering the plan; and
- (2) at all times when carrying out its duties under this chapter be considered an agent of the association.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.