Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 42. The Insurance Contract
- Section 140. Standard Provisions.
previous: Section 130
. Grounds For Disapproval.
next: Section 145
. Stop-Loss Insurance Provisions.
AS 21.42.140. Standard Provisions.
- (a) Insurance contracts must contain the standard or uniform provisions that are required by the applicable provisions of
this title pertaining to contracts of particular kinds of insurance. The director may waive the required use of a
particular provision in a particular insurance policy form on a determination that
- (1) the provision is unnecessary for the protection of the insured and inconsistent with the purposes of the policy; and
- (2) the policy is otherwise approved.
- (b) A policy may not contain a provision inconsistent with a standard or uniform provision used or required to be used,
but the director may approve a substitute provision that the director determines is not less favorable in any
particular to the insured or beneficiary than the provisions otherwise required.
- (c) In lieu of the provisions required by this title for contracts for particular kinds of insurance, substantially
similar provisions required by the law of the domicile of a foreign or alien insurer may be used when approved by the
- (d) A provision required by this title to be contained in a policy cannot be waived by agreement between the insurer and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.