Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 39. Rates and Rating Organizations
- Section 20. Applicability.
previous: Section 10
next: Section 30
. Making of Rates.
AS 21.39.020. Applicability.
- (a) This chapter applies to all forms of casualty insurance, including fidelity, surety, and guaranty bonds, to all forms
of fire, marine, and inland marine insurance, and to a combination of any of them, or risks or operations in this
state. Inland marine insurance includes insurance defined by statute, or by interpretation of statute, or if not
defined or interpreted, by ruling of the director, or as established by general custom of the business, as inland
- (b) This chapter does not apply to
- (1) reinsurance, other than joint reinsurance to the extent stated in AS 21.39.110
- (2) health insurance;
- (3) insurance of vessels or craft, their cargoes, marine builders' risks, marine protection and indemnity, or other risks
commonly insured under marine, as distinguished from inland marine insurance policies;
- (4) insurance against loss of or damage to aircraft or against liability, other than workers' compensation and employer's
liability, arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of aircraft; or, to insurance of hulls of aircraft,
including their accessories and equipment;
- (5) insurance written under AS 21.34, except as provided in AS 21.34.030(b).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.