Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 34. Surplus Lines Insurance
- Section 220. Actions Against Surplus Lines Insurer; Service of Process.
previous: Section 210
. Suspension, Revocation, or Non-Renewal of Surplus Lines Broker License. [Repealed, Sec. 223 Ch 67 SLA 1992].
next: Section 230
AS 21.34.220. Actions Against Surplus Lines Insurer; Service of Process.
- (a) A surplus lines insurer may be sued upon a cause of action arising in this state under a surplus lines insurance
contract made by it or evidence of insurance issued or delivered by the surplus lines broker under the procedure
provided in AS 21.33. A policy issued by the surplus lines
broker shall contain a provision stating the substance of this section and designating the person to whom the director
shall mail process.
- (b) Each surplus lines insurer assuming a surplus lines risk is considered to have subjected itself to this chapter.
- (c) The remedies provided in this section are in addition to other methods provided by law for service of process upon
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.