Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 34. Surplus Lines Insurance
- Section 90. Surplus Lines Association.
previous: Section 80
. Transaction Report; Evidence of Insurance.
next: Section 100
. Evidence of Insurance.
AS 21.34.090. Surplus Lines Association.
- (a) A surplus lines association of surplus lines brokers may be formed to
- (1) facilitate and encourage compliance by its members with the laws of this state and the regulations relative to surplus
- (2) attend National Association of Insurance Commissioners meetings and participate in task forces and work groups;
- (3) communicate with organizations of admitted insurers with respect to the proper use of the surplus lines market;
- (4) receive and disseminate to its members information relative to surplus lines coverages; and
- (5) contract with the director to receive reports and affidavits under AS 21.34.080
, verify that coverage has been placed with eligible surplus lines insurers, verify the amount of taxes under AS 21.34.180
and fees under AS 21.34.190
for surplus lines insurance for each surplus lines broker, and to prepare periodic reports as required by the
- (b) The surplus lines association shall file with the director
- (1) a copy of its constitution, its articles of agreement of association, or its certificate of incorporation;
- (2) a copy of its bylaws and regulations governing its activities;
- (3) a current list of its members;
- (4) the name of a resident of this state upon whom notices or orders of the director or processes issued at the director's
instruction may be served;
- (5) an agreement that the director may examine the surplus lines association in accordance with this section; and
- (6) a schedule of its membership fees and assessments.
- (c) A surplus lines association is subject to the same penalties under this title as a surplus lines broker.
- (d) The director may, by order, require that all surplus lines brokers, as a condition of continued licensure under this
chapter, join the surplus lines association.
- (e) The surplus lines association shall maintain its place of business in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.