Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 33. Unauthorized Insurers
- Section 45. Investigation and Disclosure of Insurance Contracts.
previous: Section 42
. Suits By Nonadmitted Insurers.
next: Section 50
. Exemptions From Service of Process Provisions. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 234 SLA 1968].
AS 21.33.045. Investigation and Disclosure of Insurance Contracts.
- (a) When the director has reason to believe that insurance has been effectuated by or for a person in this state with a
nonadmitted insurer, the director shall in writing order the person to produce for examination all insurance contracts
and other documents evidencing insurance with nonadmitted insurers and to disclose to the director the amount of
insurance, name and address of each insurer, gross amount of premium paid or to be paid, the name and address of the
person or persons assisting or aiding in the solicitation, negotiation, or effectuation of the insurance, and other
information required by the director.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 26 ch 117 SLA 1984].
- (c) In case of a failure of any person to comply with the director's order under (a) of this section, the superior court,
on application of the director, may issue an order requiring the production of the records and information sought by
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 60 ch 38 SLA 2002].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.