Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 33. Unauthorized Insurers
- Section 42. Suits By Nonadmitted Insurers.
previous: Section 41
. Contract Validity. [Repealed, Sec. 26 Ch 117 SLA 1984].
next: Section 45
. Investigation and Disclosure of Insurance Contracts.
AS 21.33.042. Suits By Nonadmitted Insurers.
A nonadmitted insurer may not commence or maintain an action in law or equity in this state to enforce a right arising
out of a transaction of insurance in this state except with respect to
- (1) claims under policies lawfully written in this state;
- (2) liquidation of assets and liabilities, other than the collection of new premiums, resulting from its former admitted
operations in this state;
- (3) transactions subsequent to issuance of a policy not covering a subject resident, located, or to be performed in this
state at time of issuance and lawfully solicited, written, or delivered outside this state;
- (4) surplus lines insurance coverage exported under AS 21.34;
- (5) reinsurance;
- (6) the continuation and servicing of life insurance, health insurance policies, or annuity contracts remaining in force
as to residents of this state where the insurer has withdrawn from the state and is not transacting new insurance;
- (7) servicing of policies written by an admitted insurer in a state to which the insured has moved but in which the
insured is not licensed, until the term of the policy expires;
- (8) claims under policies covering wet marine and transportation insurance, including vessels of 50 displacement tons or
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.