Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 33. Unauthorized Insurers
- Section 37. Acting For or Aiding Nonadmitted Insurers Prohibited.
previous: Section 35
. Attorney Fees.
next: Section 40
. Service of Process. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 234 SLA 1968].
AS 21.33.037. Acting For or Aiding Nonadmitted Insurers Prohibited.
- (a) A person may not directly or indirectly act as agent for, or otherwise represent, assist, or aid on behalf of another,
a nonadmitted insurer in the transaction of insurance in this state.
- (b) This section does not apply to
- (1) matters authorized to be done by the director;
- (2) surplus lines insurance effected and written under AS 21.34;
- (3) transactions for which a certificate of authority is not required under this title;
- (4) reinsurance;
- (5) the property and operations of railroads or aircraft primarily engaged in interstate or foreign commerce and wet
marine and transportation insurance;
- (6) life insurance, health insurance, and annuity contracts when solicited solely by mail or when not solicited,
negotiated, or procured in this state;
- (7) transactions subsequent to issuance of a policy not covering a subject resident, located, or to be performed in this
state at time of issuance and lawfully solicited, written, or delivered outside this state.
- (c) In addition to other penalties under this title, a person who represents or aids a nonadmitted insurer in violation of
this chapter is subject to the penalties provided in AS 21.33.065
. This chapter does not preclude the insured from enforcing, under the terms and provisions of the contract and the
laws of this state, the insured's rights under a contract entered into in violation of this chapter.
- (d) If the nonadmitted insurer fails to pay a claim or loss within the provisions of the insurance contract, a person who
assisted or in any manner aided directly or indirectly in the procurement of the insurance contract, shall be liable to
the insured for the full amount under the provisions of the insurance contract.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.