Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 27. Producers, Agents, Administrators, Brokers, Adjusters, and Managers
- Section 140. Firm Licenses.
previous: Section 130
. Form and Content of Licenses.
next: Section 150
. Limited Licenses.
AS 21.27.140. Firm Licenses.
- (a) A firm shall have a firm license, the scope of which includes all lines and classes of authority of each individual
employee of the firm.
- (b) A firm may not be licensed as an insurance producer, managing general agent, reinsurance intermediary broker,
reinsurance intermediary manager, surplus lines broker, or independent adjuster, or transact insurance unless each
individual employed as an insurance producer, managing general agent, surplus lines broker, trainee independent
adjuster, or independent adjuster by the firm is licensed as an individual in the firm. Each compliance officer of the
firm shall be licensed as an individual in the firm for a specific line and class of authority. If there is more than
one compliance officer, the combined authority of all compliance officers shall cover all the powers conferred by the
- (c) If the director determines under AS 21.06.170
- 21.06.240 that a firm knew or should have known of
an act or representation made on the firm's behalf by a person not licensed as required by this chapter, the firm and
the firm's compliance officer are subject to the penalties provided under AS 21.27.440
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.