Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 27. Producers, Agents, Administrators, Brokers, Adjusters, and Managers
- Section 40. Application For License.
previous: Section 30
. Controlled Business Disqualification.
next: Section 50
. One Filing of Personal Data Sufficient. [Repealed, Sec. 223 Ch 67 SLA 1992].
AS 21.27.040. Application For License.
- (a) Application for a license shall be made to the director upon forms prescribed by the director. As a part of or in
connection with the application, the applicant shall furnish information concerning the applicant's identity, personal
history, experience, business record, purposes, and other pertinent facts that the director may reasonably require. The
applicant shall declare, subject to penalty of denial, nonrenewal, suspension, or revocation of a license issued by the
director, that the statements made in or in connection with the application are true, correct, and complete to the best
of the applicant's knowledge and belief. Payment of an application fee established under AS 21.06.250
must be submitted with the application.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 47 ch 29 SLA 1987].
- (c) In addition to any other penalty provided by law, a person wilfully misrepresenting a fact required to be disclosed in
or in connection with the application or other information required by this section is subject to the penalties
provided for under AS 21.27.440
- (d) The director may require an applicant or licensee at any time, including at the time of license renewal, to supply
current information of the type made in or supplemental to an application.
- (e) As part of the application required by (a) of this section, an applicant shall furnish to the director a full set of
fingerprints and the fees required by the Department of Public Safety under AS 12.62.160
for criminal justice information and a national criminal history record check so that the director may obtain criminal
justice information as provided under AS 12.62 about the
applicant. The director shall submit the completed fingerprint card and fees to the Department of Public Safety for a
report of criminal justice information under AS 12.62 and a
national criminal history record check under AS 12.62.400
- (f) If, through inaction, an applicant fails to complete the application process, the applicant's application
filed with the director under (a) of this section is considered withdrawn. The withdrawal becomes effective 120 days after the filing of
the application. If the director has initiated administrative action with respect to an application, withdrawal becomes effective at the
time and on the conditions required by an order issued under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.