Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 9. Authorization of Insurers and General Requirements
- Section 160. Notice of Suspension or Revocation and Effect Upon Agent's Authority.
previous: Section 150
. Suspension or Revocation For Violations and Special Grounds.
next: Section 170
. Duration of Suspension, Insurer's Obligations, and Reinstatements.
AS 21.09.160. Notice of Suspension or Revocation and Effect Upon Agent's Authority.
- (a) Upon suspending or revoking an insurer's certificate of authority, the director shall immediately give notice to the
insurer and shall also publish notice of
the revocation in one or more newspapers of general circulation in this state.
- (b) The suspension or revocation shall automatically suspend or revoke, as the case may be, the authority of all its
agents and managing general agents to act as agents or managing general agents of the insurer in this state, and the insurer shall so state
in the notice to agents and managing general agents provided for in (c) of this section.
- (c) Upon notification of suspension or revocation of an insurer's certificate of authority, the insurer shall
immediately give notice of the suspension or revocation to its agents and managing general agents operating in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.