Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 9. Authorization of Insurers and General Requirements
- Section 120. Issuance, Refusal, and Ownership of Certificate.
previous: Section 110
. Application For Certificate of Authority.
next: Section 130
. Continuance, Expiration, Reinstatement, and Amendment of Certificate.
AS 21.09.120. Issuance, Refusal, and Ownership of Certificate.
- (a) If, upon completion of its application, the director finds that the insurer has met the requirements for and is
entitled to a certificate under this title, the director shall issue to the insurer a proper certificate of authority;
if the director does not so find, the director shall issue an order refusing the certificate. The director shall act
upon an application for a certificate of authority within 60 days after its completion.
- (b) The certificate, if issued, shall specify the kind or kinds of insurance the insurer is authorized to transact in this
state. At the insurer's request, the director may issue a certificate of authority limited to particular types of
insurance or insurance coverages within the scope of a kind of insurance defined in AS 21.12.
- (c) Although issued to the insurer, the certificate of authority is at all times the property of the state. Upon the
expiration, suspension, or termination of the certificate of authority the insurer shall promptly deliver it to the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.