Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 6. The Director of Insurance
- Section 190. Stay of Action.
previous: Section 180
next: Section 200
. Notice of Hearing.
AS 21.06.190. Stay of Action.
- (a) A demand for a hearing received by the director before the effective date of an order issued or within 10 days after
an order is delivered stays the effectiveness of the order pending the hearing and an order made thereon, except as to
action taken or proposed under an order
- (1) on hearing;
- (2) under and supplemental to an order on hearing; or
- (3) based upon impairment of assets or unsound financial condition of an insurer.
- (b) If an automatic stay is not provided for and the director after receipt of a written request for a stay fails to grant
it, the person aggrieved may apply to the superior court for a stay of the director's proposed action.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.