Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 6. The Director of Insurance
- Section 87. Insurance Report.
previous: Section 85
. Uniform Data and Procedures For Health Claims.
next: Section 90
AS 21.06.087. Insurance Report.
- (a) The director shall require reporting of and shall compile information necessary to evaluate the effect of the measures
enacted in chapter 26, SLA 1997 on the availability and cost of insurance in the state.
- (b) Information described in (a) of this section shall be provided by all insurers doing business in this state in the
format specified by the director and must include factual information stating premiums, claims, losses, expenses, and
solvency of the company as a whole. Information shall be compiled by the division in a way that protects the identity
of individual insureds.
- (c) The director shall adopt regulations to implement and interpret this section, including requiring insurers doing
business in the state to provide information necessary for the division to carry out its responsibilities under (a) and
(b) of this section. If there are indications of market disruption, the director may waive all or part of the reporting
requirements in this section.
- (d) Beginning June 1, 2000, the information compiled under (a) of this section shall be reported annually to the governor
and the judiciary committees of both houses of the legislature.
- (e) The division may consult with the Alaska Judicial Council when determining what information to require to be reported
under (a) - (c) of this section and when implementing the compilation required under (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.