Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 65. Alaska Marine Highway System
- Section 20. Naming of Vessel or Facility.
previous: Section 11
. Comprehensive Long-Range Plan.
next: Section 25
. Vessel Design and Construction. [Repealed, Sec. 43 Ch 128 SLA 1994].
AS 19.65.020. Naming of Vessel or Facility.
- (a) A vessel or facility of the Alaska marine highway system constructed or acquired by the Department of Transportation
and Public Facilities under this chapter may be given a name only by law.
- (b) A maritime vessel shall bear the name of an Alaska glacier.
- (c) A vessel used principally on the inland waterways of the state shall bear the name of a historical vessel which used
the rivers of the state.
- (d) The new maritime vessel to be delivered to the Alaska marine highway system in 1998 is named the Motor Vessel
- (e) The Motor Vessel Fairweather and the Motor Vessel Chenega are authorized names for state ferries first operating as
part of the Alaska marine highway system on or after August 8, 2002. The commissioner of transportation and public
facilities shall select between the names for the one most appropriate to the route served by the ferry and shall
publicly announce the selection.
- (f) The Motor Vessel Lituya is the authorized name for the state ferry first operating as part of the Alaska marine
highway system to serve between Metlakatla and Ketchikan on or after August 9, 2003.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.