Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 30. Access Roads
- Section 420. Immunity From Liability For Damages; Risk of Use of Right-of-Way Acquired Under Former 43 U.S.C. 932.
previous: Section 410
. Vacation of Rights-of-Way.
next: Chapter 35
. Relocation Assistance
AS 19.30.420. Immunity From Liability For Damages; Risk of Use of Right-of-Way Acquired Under Former 43 U.S.C. 932.
- (a) Notwithstanding AS 09.50.250
and AS 09.65.070
, the state and its political subdivisions are not liable for damages, injury, or death arising from AS 19.30.400
- 19.30.420 and the recording of any rights-of-way
identified in AS 19.30.400
or acquired under former 43 U.S.C. 932.
- (b) A right-of-way identified under AS 19.30.400
or acquired under former 43 U.S.C. 932 that is not designated as part of the state highway system under AS 19.10.020
is traveled and used at the risk of the user. As to those rights-of-way and notwithstanding AS 09.50.250
and AS 09.65.070
, the state and a political subdivision of the state are not liable for damages, injury, or death
- (1) arising from the use of the right-of-way;
- (2) arising from the failure to inspect, mark, or maintain the right-of-way;
- (3) occurring in the right-of-way; or
- (4) associated with the right-of-way.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.