Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 25. Protection and Use of State Highways and Roads
- Section 80. Purpose.
previous: Section 75
. Findings and Intent of the People of the State of Alaska.
next: Section 90
. Outdoor Advertising Prohibited.
AS 19.25.080. Purpose.
The purposes of AS 19.25.080
- 19.25.180 are
- (1) to protect the public safety and the welfare of persons using the highways of the state by having outdoor advertising
signs, displays, and devices along the highways controlled;
- (2) to prevent unreasonable distraction of operators of motor vehicles; to prevent confusion with regard to traffic
lights, signs, or signals or other interference with the effectiveness of traffic regulations, and to promote the
safety, convenience, and enjoyment of travel on, and protection of the public investment in, highways in this state; to
preserve and enhance the natural scenic beauty or aesthetic features of the highways and adjacent areas; and to attract
- (3) to regulate outdoor advertising signs, displays, and devices in areas adjacent to the rights-of-way of the interstate,
primary, and secondary systems within this state in accordance with this chapter and the regulations adopted under this
- (4) to provide that outdoor advertising signs, displays, and devices that are not in conformity with the requirements of
this chapter are a public nuisance;
- (5) to provide a statutory basis for regulation of outdoor advertising signs, displays, and devices consistent with the
public policy declared by the Congress relating to areas within and adjacent to the right-of-way of a highway of the
interstate, primary, or secondary systems.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.