Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 20. Cooperation By and With the State
- Section 10. Connecting Highways.
previous: Chapter 20
. Cooperation By and With the State
next: Section 15
. Local Control of State Transportation Corridors.
AS 19.20.010. Connecting Highways.
- (a) The department may enter into cooperative agreements with a municipality for the construction or maintenance of a
connecting highway that is part of the state highway system and located within the municipality.
- (b) The jurisdiction, control and duty of the department and municipality with respect to connecting highways is as
- (1) The department has no authority to change or establish a grade of a connecting highway without approval of the
governing body of the municipality.
- (2) The municipality shall at its own expense maintain all underground facilities in a connecting highway and has the
right to construct necessary additional underground facilities.
- (3) The municipality may grant the privilege to open the surface of a connecting highway, but the municipality shall
promptly repair all damage occasioned by the opening of the surface.
- (4) Subject to law the municipality has the exclusive right to grant franchises over, beneath, and upon a connecting
highway. However, it may not grant a franchise for transportation of passengers in motor vehicles on a connecting
highway without the approval of the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.