Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 10. State Highway System
- Section 160. Standard Plans and Specifications; Planning For Future Traffic.
previous: Section 150
. Construction Program.
next: Section 170
. Construction By Department.
AS 19.10.160. Standard Plans and Specifications; Planning For Future Traffic.
- (a) The department shall prepare and adopt uniform standard plans and specifications for the establishment, construction,
and maintenance of highways in the state. The department may amend the plans and specifications as it considers
advisable. The standards must conform as closely as practicable to those adopted by the American Association of State
Highway and Transportation Officials.
- (b) Design for proposed major upgrade and new construction projects for highways in federally recognized metropolitan
planning areas must be conducive to safety, durability, and economy of maintenance and provide for capacity that will
adequately serve planned future traffic as set out in this subsection. This subsection does not apply to designs for
highway maintenance projects. Proposed major upgrade and new construction projects that are estimated to cost
- (1) less than $5,000,000 must be designed to adequately serve planned future traffic for at least the next 10 years;
- (2) $5,000,000 or more must be designed to adequately serve planned future traffic for at least the next 20 years.
Article 03. CONSTRUCTION
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.