Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 85. Public Defender Agency
- Section 155. Payment By Municipality.
previous: Section 150
. Recovery From Defendant.
next: Section 160
. Records and Reports.
AS 18.85.155. Payment By Municipality.
- (a) When a municipality prosecutes a person who has been determined by the court to be indigent under AS 18.85.120
for a violation of a municipal ordinance that is a serious crime, the municipality shall pay for the services of the
attorney appointed by the court to defend the indigent person.
- (b) A municipality shall provide for defense attorney services under (a) of this section by contracting with private
attorneys or the agency or by establishing a municipal public defense agency.
- (c) In a prosecution subject to this section, the court may order the defendant to pay to the municipality the costs of
the attorney services and other court costs to the extent that the defendant is able to do so.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.