Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 74. Cigarette Fire Safety
- Section 130. Marking of Cigarette Packaging. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
previous: Section 120
. Packaging Marking Approval. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
next: Section 150
. Copies. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
AS 18.74.130. Marking of Cigarette Packaging. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
- (a) The packaging containing a brand and style of cigarette that a manufacturer certifies under AS 18.74.080 must be marked to indicate compliance with the requirements of
this chapter. The packaging marking must be in eight-point type or larger and consist of
- (1) a modification of the universal product code to include a visible mark printed at or around the area of the
code; the mark may consist of alphanumeric or symbolic characters and must be permanently stamped, engraved, embossed, or printed in
conjunction with the universal product code;
- (2) any visible combination of alphanumeric or symbolic characters permanently stamped, engraved, or embossed on the
package or wrapping; or
- (3) printed, stamped, engraved, or embossed text on the cigarette package that indicates that the cigarettes
satisfy the requirements of this chapter.
- (b) A manufacturer shall use only one packaging marking and apply that packaging marking uniformly to all packaging
and to all brands marketed by the manufacturer for sale in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.