Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 68. Sexual Assault Investigations
- Section 10. Sexual Assault Examination Kit.
previous: Chapter 68
. Sexual Assault Investigations
next: Section 20
. Sexual Assault Investigations Protocols.
AS 18.68.010. Sexual Assault Examination Kit.
- (a) The Department of Public Safety and the Department of Law shall develop a uniform sexual assault examination kit.
- (b) Under protocols developed under AS 18.68.020
- (1) the Department of Public Safety shall distribute the kits throughout the state; and
- (2) peace officers and health care providers shall use the kits for the gathering of evidence in cases of suspected sexual
- (c) The appropriate person under the protocols developed under AS 18.68.020 shall provide a sexual assault examination kit
at no charge.
- (d) This section does not prohibit the introduction in court of evidence obtained without the use of a sexual assault
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.