Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 67. Violent Crimes Compensation Board
- Section 101. Incidents and Offenses to Which This Chapter Applies.
previous: Section 100
. [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 35 SLA 1979].
next: Section 110
. Nature of the Compensation.
AS 18.67.101. Incidents and Offenses to Which This Chapter Applies.
The board may order the payment of compensation in accordance with the provisions of this chapter for personal injury
or death that resulted from
- (1) an attempt on the part of the applicant to prevent the commission of crime, or to apprehend a suspected criminal, or
aiding or attempting to aid a police officer to do so, or aiding a victim of crime; or
- (2) the commission or attempt on the part of one other than the applicant to commit any of the following offenses:
- (A) murder in any degree;
- (B) manslaughter;
- (C) criminally negligent homicide;
- (D) assault in any degree;
- (E) kidnapping;
- (F) sexual assault in any degree;
- (G) sexual abuse of a minor;
- (H) robbery in any degree;
- (I) threats to do bodily harm;
- (J) driving while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, inhalant, or controlled substance or another crime
resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle, boat, or airplane when the offender is under the influence of an
alcoholic beverage, inhalant, or controlled substance; or
- (K) arson in the first degree.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.