Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 65. Police Protection
- Section 790. Definitions.
previous: Section 785
. Procedure For Local Option Elections. [Repealed, Sec. 15 Ch 94 SLA 2000].
next: Section 800
. Possession of Firearms in Motor Vehicles.
AS 18.65.790. Definitions.
In AS 18.65.700
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of public safety;
- (2) "competence" means the ability to place in a life size silhouette target
- (A) seven out of 10 shots at seven yards;
- (B) six out of 10 shots at 15 yards;
- (3) "concealed handgun" means a firearm, that is a pistol or a revolver, and that is covered or enclosed in any manner so
that an observer cannot determine that it is a handgun without removing it from that which covers or encloses it or
without opening, lifting, or removing that which covers or encloses it; however, "concealed handgun" does not include a
shotgun, rifle, or a prohibited weapon as defined under AS 11.61.200
- (4) "department" means the Department of Public Safety;
- (5) "permit" means a permit to carry a concealed handgun issued under AS 18.65.700
Article 11. FIREARMS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.