Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 63. Hazardous Painting Certification
- Section 40. Certificate Programs.
previous: Section 30
next: Section 50
. Inspections and Citations.
AS 18.63.040. Certificate Programs.
- (a) The department shall
- (1) establish requirements for basic and supplemental hazardous painting certificate programs;
- (2) review, and approve or disapprove, programs proposed by contractors, labor organizations, public and private schools,
vocational education institutions, and others;
- (3) assist persons who propose programs to meet requirements for approval.
- (b) A basic hazardous painting certificate program must include instruction and written and practical testing in methods
of ventilation, respirator selection, chemical reaction to body tissue, proper use of painting tools, knowledge of
relevant health and safety laws and regulations, including relevant portions of state occupational safety and health
standards adopted by reference under 8 AAC 61.010, and
other appropriate subjects. A basic hazardous painting certificate program may not exceed 16 hours of instruction and
testing. A supplemental hazardous painting certificate program must include instruction and written and practical
testing necessary to ensure that a person who completes the program will be knowledgeable about new developments and
changes related to hazardous painting that have occurred since the person completed a basic hazardous painting
- (c) A hazardous painting certificate program conducted by an employer of a person enrolled in the program may include
safety instruction required under AS 18.60.066
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.