Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 60. Safety
- Section 66. Employee Safety Education Programs.
previous: Section 65
. Importation of Toxic and Hazardous Substances.
next: Section 67
. Information Provided On Employee's Request.
AS 18.60.066. Employee Safety Education Programs.
- (a) An employer shall conduct a safety education program for an employee before the employee performs a new work
assignment that may result in the employee being exposed to a toxic or hazardous substance or a physical agent for
which the employee has not received safety instruction as provided under (b) of this section.
- (b) An employee safety instruction program shall inform the employee of
- (1) the location, properties, and known or suspected acute and chronic health effects of the hazardous or toxic substances
or physical agents to which the employee is exposed in the workplace;
- (2) the nature of the operations that could result in exposure to hazardous or toxic substances or physical agents as well
as any necessary handling or hygienic practices or precautions; and
- (3) the location, purpose, proper use, and limitations of personal protective equipment used in the workplace.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.